Plot Maintenance & Burial Information
- Proprietor has the right to cultivate and MAINTAIN shrubs (on sides of stone only; height will not surpass 2" from top of headstone). If shrubs/plants are not maintained, the Cemetery Commission has the right to remove said shrubs/plants at their discretion.
- Artificial or fresh cut flowers can be placed in an invertible metal vase at any time; but they must be discarded when dead, faded, broken or of a similar nature.
- Christmas arrangements will be allowed from December 1st to December 31st only.
- No decorative items of any kind (this includes but not limited to balloons), except applicable holiday decoration are permitted at grave site and will be removed by the Cemetery Commission
- Any lights or decorations that the grave owner may put up for HOLIDAY decoration, must be removed within 30 days or the Cemetery Commission has the right and will remove them. Lights of any kind are not permitted any other time.
- No fences, regardless of what type or material, metal stakes or any other like items are permitted at any time.
The Commission has the right to remove anything they deem to be inappropriate.
Purchase a Plot
If you are interested in purchasing a plot, contact John Furno to set up an appointment to view available plots.
The Commission currently sells double plots (8 x 10) at the cost of $1,500 each. Payment can be made to the Funeral Director handling the arrangements, in a separate check from the other funeral costs being sure to include a mailing address to send the deed and a phone number. The mailing address is:
Douglas Cemetery Commission
29 Depot Street
Douglas, MA 01516
Cremations in a Plot
Persons can bury up to eight cremations per plot.
Opening a Plot
Unless being handled through a funeral director, a plot cannot be opened without presenting the Commission with the deed to the plot or a court order.
Anyone interested in Green Burials can contact one of the Cemetery Commissioners or your local funeral director.