In the past two weeks (1/2-1/15/22) we have had 318 active cases of COVID-19 bringing the total count to 1,425 confirmed and probable cases as of January 20th, 2022.
The state updates their vaccination data weekly. Please visit this site for up to date information on Massachusetts COVID-19 vaccination data.
There is evidence of community spread of COVID-19 in Douglas so it is incredibly important that all residents adhere to the following to protect themselves and our community:
• Vaccinations are available for those 5 years old and older
• The Department of Public Health issued a public health advisory effective July 30 that advises all unvaccinated residents to continue to wear masks in indoor settings and when they can’t socially distance. The advisory also recommends that vaccinated residents who are at increased risk from COVID-19, or who live with someone at increased risk, should wear a face covering indoors (other than in their home)
• The CDC recommends that ALL residents, regardless of vaccination status, wear masks when indoors in areas with high community spread, such as Douglas
• Practice social distancing (keeping a distance of six feet from others) and avoiding gathering of 10 or more people
• Follow CDC guidelines for how to protect yourself and others
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands and washing your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or longer, and use a hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and water are not available
• Note that free test kits are available from the federal government at a limit of 4 per household. You can find more details here
• Cover coughs and sneezes with elbow or cloth and wash your hands immediately afterward
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces often
• Follow Massachusetts travel advisories
Please follow the links below for more information and contact your doctor if you are feeling ill or seek medical attention.
What to do if you are sick or confirmed positive