About Douglas

Street Flag on post, with text Douglas Hilltop Village  settled 1746

Location


The Town of Douglas, located in the heart of the Blackstone River Valley, borders Oxford and Sutton on the North; Uxbridge and Northbridge on the east; Webster on the West; and Rhode Island and Connecticut on the South.


Soldiers Monument


The Soldiers Monument, located at the Town Common, was dedicated in 1908 to the memory of Unknown Soldiers and Sailors that were lost during the American Revolution, The Civil War and the Spanish American War. The Town Monuments and Memorials Committee rededicated the three inch Griffin Rifles that flank the monument on Veterans Day in 2014 with funding from a matching Massachusetts Department of Veterans Services grant.
Image of soldier shaped monument in grass with pagoda in background

State Forest


The Douglas State Forest, offers a variety of recreational uses on 5,907 acres. 

Managed by the Department of Conservation and Recreation, and bordering Wallum Lake, park visitors have access to swimming and boating, as well as miles of walking trials.
Horseback Rider on path in woods